Product name: Birch Gold Group
Cost: The minimum cost to join is $10,000
Overall Score: 5/10
Is Birch Gold Group a Scam? I don’t normally do reviews on precious metals companies, however, I’m all about making money online and a lot of my readers have asked that I look into Birch Gold Group as an investment opportunity. So I’ve done a lot of research and this is my honest review. Founded in 2003 by Laith Alsarraf, the company aids individuals in buying and selling precious metals. If you’ve been thinking of joining this program, you will be dealing with metals such as gold, platinum, silver and palladium.
Notably, the above mentioned precious metals come in the form of bullions and/or coins. Of course, if you choose to purchase them in the form of coins, there’s a variety to choose from. For instance, gold coins include American Buffalo and South African Krugerrand just to mention a few.
What’s On Offer?
Essentially, Birch Gold Group offers two types of services. They include:
- Purchasing precious metals: To buy any of the precious metals mentioned above, you’ll need a minimum of $10,000. Payment is often made through personal check or wire. Your product should be delivered from 3 to 7 days after payment.
- IRA: If you are interested in an IRA, you will need to reach out directly and speak with a representative. The company offers gold and silver IRAs, and will send you an information kit upon request.
You can also sell back the precious metals you’ve invested in at a zero commission. They allow three shipping options, allowing their members to choose according to their own preferences:
- Delaware Depository
So far, it sounds like a worthwhile investment (given you have the funds to invest of course). Below are a few of the disadvantages and advantages that you need to consider.
- Has high credibility
- There’s a number of products to choose from
- They offer both gold and silver IRAs
- Only takes 24 hours to open an account with the Group
- The company depends on physical IRA applications. Hence, the processing times are lengthy
- There are some services, such as crypto- backed IRAs that remain unavailable
- Investments are placed under shared ownership
- The annual administration is undisclosed
- The Group’s site is not SSL secured. This point is my main concern actually. For those of you who are unaware, SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral. I would be wary of any serious company not having an SSL secured website.
- Support is below expectations
Who is it for?
This platform is great for those that do not mind investing over $10, 000 to buy and sell precious metals. This platform is also great for those interested in investing in IRAs. A lot of people may be considering moving their savings into gold.
This type of trade system helps protect its members from inflation. Also, it has been said to be great for those investing in retirement.
If you are unsure if it’s for you, have a look at this webinar to learn more about the opportunity:
The support available is what I would call below average and certainly below expectations for this level of investment. There is no 24/7 live chat, or live chat at all for that matter. Their points of contact are via email or phone.
The Birch Gold Group is legitimate and is not a scam in any way. It offers legitimate precious metals and IRAs to all that are interested. However, I understand that there are better options out there if you are looking to invest your money in precious metals. I have yet to do thorough reviews on them, but I have been advised it would be worth researching Regal Assets, GoldCore and Advantage Gold.
A Better Investment – with ZERO upfront Cost
Now, if you think investing in gold is a great idea in theory, but you don’t have the money to invest…fear not, there are still some fantastic options for you to make a passive income online; one that can help you retire comfortably.
I’m referring to my #1 recommendation; a better way to make money online, and where you can learn how to create a passive income for yourself in years to come.
The program Wealthy Affiliate offer is world leading, with 1,800+ expert coaches to help you succeed. Feel free to read my in-debt review here.
If you have any questions or thoughts regarding Birch Gold Group, or Wealthy Affiliate, or anything else, please do not hesitate to leave me a comment below. I’ll most certainly get back to you
Have a super day!